VOLUNTEERING STRUCTUREVOLUNTEERING PROGRAM LUF offers a wide range of volunteering projects in Uganda and at an affordable price including; Teaching/Education, Childcare, Sports, Music/Creative Arts, Agriculture and Girl-child Empowerment/Women. PROJECTS: TEACHING Teaching Project aims at equipping under-resourced schools with enough teaching personnel such that there could be equal opportunities for Ugandans from disadvantaged backgrounds to receive quality education. Teaching in Uganda is such a humbling experience and although most of the children have experienced a tough living before, they are so cheerful and always expectant of what the future holds. Therefore, volunteers will have a chance to teach children in various studies including English language, Maths, Science and social studies which subjects are part of the Ugandan primary curriculum. Teaching activity does not necessarily need a volunteer to have teaching qualifications though a volunteer is encouraged to atleast be well conversant with English language. Teaching takes place at the schools LUF allocates a volunteer. Our school curriculum runs 3 terms a year with 3 holidays in between the terms. School holiday:
- 6th May - 28th May
- 26th August - 17th September
- 9th December - 4th February
- 7:00am – Breakfast prepared and served by the local cook.
- 7:30am – Volunteers travel to their placements. Start time and daily workload depends on the project the individual is working on.
- 1:00pm – Volunteers break off for lunch, they could either come home for lunch if the placement is nearer of have their lunch packed.
- 4:00pm – The volunteering work ends at the placement. A volunteer is free to return to the home to refresh and prepare for the next day.
- 7:00pm – Dinner is served at the volunteer house.
|Length of Program||Program Fee|
|1 week||US $ 210|
|2 weeks||US $ 380 420|
|3 weeks||US $580 630|
|1 month||US $780|
|2 months||US $1,380|
|3 months||US $ 1,800|
|4 months||US $ 2,800|
|5 months||US $ 3,800|
|6 months||US $ 4,500|
- Visa, flights, travel Insurance (mandatory), vaccinations, criminal background check, souvenirs, in-country trips or tours.
- Transfer back to the airport at the conclusion of the program.
- Spending money while in Uganda- Volunteers generally find US$ 20 sufficient for all the weekly expenditures.
- Tour/Travel: If you wish to travel and experience the touch of nature in Uganda, then click here to find affordable trips available for you.